Sunday, December 03, 2006

Double your way to a Million

Years ago, like about 30, I read that if you started with a penny and doubled it every day you would be a millionaire in less than a month. It didn't take long for me to realize that my weekly paycheck wasn't going to do it. So I forgot about it until, fast forward 30 years, a couple months ago. More like 9 months ago.
I ran across an e-book I downloaded about becoming a millionaire in 28 steps. After reading it I decided to give it a try, hence the name team28
. Than life happened and after step 7 I forgot about it and the money got mixed in with the rest of my change.
Well the other night I ran across a site named "oneredpaperclip". It tells the story about how the auther starts with one red paper clip and trades his way to a house.
The site is http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com It's worth checking out and reading his story.
It got me thinking about my failed attempt to double my way to a million dollars, so I desided I would try again.
I have my penny to get me started. Does anyone want to buy a shiny 2004 penny for 2 cents let me know, no telling how log it will last at this price.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Cool, another penny project blog. Check out my profile to see my one penny project progress. I would also like to put up a link to your blog if you would do the same for me.

I'm not interested in your penny, but good luck. What I found is that it is easier to just find money up to $1. Then again, I did sell that coupon when I was below a $1. Anyway, have fun with this project, I do.

Take Care,

Michael